Sunday, January 27, 2008

Training Week January 21 - 27

In my opinion of the biggest mistakes a athlete can make is taking down time in the winter. I think many give excuses for why they can't run. Some of the excuses I hear is it's cold outside to it's dark when I get off work. 
I am actually running my second run of the day in the dark. It basically starts from Daylight saving time in the fall until changing the clocks again in the spring. For me it is the time to ramp up the miles and build the strength and get tough running through the Cleveland winter.

Monday: 8 miles a.m., 8 miles p.m.
Both runs downtown Cleveland, Full moon on evening run.
Day Total: 16 Miles

Tuesday: 8 miles a.m., Downtown Cleveland.
8 miles p.m. in Cuyahoga Falls.
Track workout: U of A Field House.
1 mile warm-up
3 x 1,600m with 400 recovery. Forgot my racing flats. Did workout in lightweight trainers. Very happy with times this early in the year.
5:13, 5:12, 5:12. 2 mile cool-down.
Day Total: 22 Miles

Wednesday: 8 miles a.m., 8 miles p.m.
Both runs downtown Cleveland.
Day Total: 16 Miles

Thursday: 10 Miles hard at sub-6 min. pace. Downtown Cleveland. Out and back, heading west and returning back east, windy and damp. Temp was 17 degrees. Wore shorts and short sleeve shirt.
8 miles p.m.
Day Total: 18 Miles

Friday: 8 miles a.m., 8 miles p.m.
Both runs downtown Cleveland.
Day Total: 16 Miles

Saturday: 12 mile a.m. Trail run in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
6 Miles p.m. run in Hudson with Kam.
Day Total: 18 Miles

Sunday: 15 Mile a.m. in Solon with the Cleveland Southeast Running Club, first 6 miles with Jeff U., last 3 with Kam.
6 Miles p.m. run in Aurora. Feel pretty trashed, hamstrings and hips ache.
Day Total: 21 Miles

Total Miles for Week: 127

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God dude I thought I was doing good with 70 plus a week in the winter. It was good to finnaly meet you at Sunmart. Its too bad it was so damn hot. Good luck this season brother.